Friday 10 March 2017

THE SHOW MUST GO ON....

In the words of Alessia the musician,the author of a song that is fast becoming my favourite "Scars to your Beautiful", -" ...there is beauty in pain what's a little bit of hunger...".
Then it got me thinking about how little we think of the things that do not quite seem great.The times we have lacked,the times we don't quite fit.Beauty has been closed in a box of flowers and chocolate and stars.Beauty is what makes us ,us.

Beauty is getting over fear of putting on clothes that fit because of not being sure you have the right body.
Beauty is your larger appetite which people find unbecoming of a woman.I mean,it is what it is,that part of your life is you and it is beautiful.

Beauty is being able to tell yourself that the day to day decisions you make in life are decisions that are made by you and for you.
As a woman or man but especially woman,you need to understand that those low moments which look impossible to climb out of are what makes you stronger.I am not even joking.
Sometimes, the decisions we make in our lives look like the death warrant of our success,of our happiness.However,each of this experience, however deep it takes you,you have got to believe that there is a light in the darkness.

Life is a stage,us- actors.There are times that the spotlight is on you.And then it is gone, you are just an onlooker.You need to learn as you look; you need to learn your lines by heart,you need to pick your cues,you need to make sure you have the right costume for when the spotlight is on you and its time to deliver your part to the world.

Rape,abusive relationships,lack of money,low self-esteem,less than decent pasts are some of the things not considered beautiful. They are beautiful because while going through them,and overcoming them; you are better,you are stronger.
You have only got one life, this one you are living now.

The scars in your life have carried you to this point in your life.
And each of them is beautiful.
And even though they came with tears and sadness and lack of sleep and ridicule and rejection; the show must go on....
I have learnt these things through my own life.If I had a dollar for every wrong turn I have taken, I would buy BoraBora Island(I don't know how much it costs,I am guessing a lot).
But I am not who I was yesterday, I am better now.I value myself more now than I have done in my life.

Recognize the beauty in your scars, take your spotlight and let's keep the show rolling....

No comments: