Tuesday 4 August 2020

2018

For following me through this journey:I am grateful. It feels Validating. So, thank you.

                     *FOUR*
When the Luo guy left me, I decided to chill out a while. I knew that breaking that union was probably for the best but I had never really been alone. Since I first boarded the relationship bandwagon, I had never really been completely single. I was in a relationship - left-complicated - relationship again. This was my cycle. This time however, I was coming out of a union I had lent over two years of my life. I needed to breathe a little. God had other plans for me.

In Eastlands, He was just getting out of a complication too. His relationship had lasted almost three years but had died an almost natural death. He has been left too:unceremoniously I might add. It was during our breathing time that we re united again.

At this point, basing on how far we have come, it may seem that I am rushing stuff. The truth is, this exactly how we ended up married.

Nine months after the Luo guy left me, we began to talk on Facebook. This time, He asked for my number by the second sentence. He did not watsapp, he called. Now you remember we had never had a real conversation in all our on and off interactions. However, when he called, we comfortably conversed for nineteen minutes straight. This made me elated. I had never spoken to any of my relationship mates on the phone for nearly that amount of time. I was excited.

We continued our conversations to watsapp. I looked forward to his calls. We chatted easily. Maybe it took growing up to get us through our awkward non conversational phase. I was ready to explore the world wherever it took us. I was ready to remain a friend in case he was in a relationship. I genuinely felt like he was my friend.

A week or so after our exchanges, he asked if he could come over. I said yes. I was scared to the bone. We had been so happy over the phone. I did not want a meeting to cancel it. Still, I wanted to see him in person. I wanted to explore us one more time. For the quick thinkers, I mean explore our relationship.

He made to my house at 10.00pm.I could see that he was exhausted. So, I fixed him dinner, we talked a little about his work and we called it a night. While he slept, I watched. I watched him sleep and I felt peace. I stayed awake the whole night wondering what awaited us in the future. He left for work at 5.00am.

He texted during the day to say that he wanted to settle down and he wanted o do it with me. He was not asking for a girlfriend. He was asking for a wife. I did some research and some soul searching and some prayer. When I got back to him, I said yes. He did many things to make sure I stayed with him. And I am glad I did.

I spent a lot of time at his work. I followed him everywhere. In my defence, we had very little time to court. The man was ready to get a wife. He met my workmates who aprroved of my choice. Needless to say, He had transformed into a very confident, handsome man. He still gave me that piercing look that would make me freeze but this time it made me blush and feel like the sexiest woman on earth. Alejandro had nothing on him.

Less than six months after He made his intentions with me clear, He met my parents. We had our very simple traditional wedding /bride price negotiations. There was no going back. It is funny but soon after, both our sets of parents began to subtly and directly apply pressure on us to set a wedding date. We set one for 23rd of November, 2018.

The wedding plan period tested our friendship in ways we never thought possible. I like to confront issues while He would rather there be peace. These differences were amplified again and again. However, at the end of the day, He would always be the one I would lean on for strength.

One of the things I love most about Him is the fact that He gives me room to bloom at my own pace. I don't have to be anything to beloved by Him. I just need to be myself. I have learnt patience from him. I have learned to be more accommodating. I have made many new friends courtesy of my husband for the simple reason that he is a GOOD person.

We re-met and tied the knot in a span of one and a half years. It may sound cliche but it was meant to be. Our imperfections are what make us perfect for each other. Ironically, for us to effectively communicate now, we have to be physically speaking to one another.

We exchanged Swahili vows on 23rd November 2018. We know that we vowed to be together till death did us part but we did not understand majority of the Swahili vocabulary the pastor asked us to repeat after Him. We were just happy to have reached that specific part of our journey. I am blessed to have married the first and only man who gave me butterflies in my stomach as a little girl. The only man who thinks my sharp tongue is a funny trait.


* THE END... for real. *

We have reached the end. If you have any questions, do engage me on all my social media platforms. I will be glad to answer them. What's your love journey?

4 comments:

Monique said...

The end? For real, real?😭😭

The story has been captivating from start to end.
Can't wait for you next project if/when this is the real, real end 😜.

Unknown said...

The part...For the quick thinkers...I had already quick thought, 😂😂. Amazing love story.

Cora said...

Hahaha ati whats my love story, id love to tell, but its not as intriguing as this one. 😂😂

Unknown said...

Lovely story,waiting for the next