Saturday 14 February 2015

MY VALENTINE UPTO NOW.

so, well I like starting with so. I am assuming it is like this cool way of talking with people. it kind o makes them feel more comfortable. good; now that you are comfortable- may I take you through my valentine 2015. I wore black, i forgot that i could add  white, totally slipped my  mind.

The location of this valentine is a living room in a house in Nairobi. It is kind oF shuffling between the kitchen, living room, washrooms- so basically I was at home. before you start hating, I was not alone.It being a love holiday, i spent it with a person that loves me. no red candles, no dim lights, no soft music, no expensive gifts(wince) .Just time with him. today is one of the few days that he stayed away from his phone for more than an hour- it was actually the whole day. we just sat and talked and ate ''ugali''  and traditional veggies and meat and soda and cake and laughed and gad the time of our lives. just having each other without flare.
don't get me wrong, I am not hating on the flare that people put in valentine. if you go for dinner at ''Kempinskiy'' is that even the spelling? that is your treat, and since you have given to love and are loved, enjoy.
Back to me, yeah. the day whiled away in between us watching endless movies and having a great time.Well, for some reason, I had to come back to reality when the day began coming to a close. I snapped at something this person who loves me innocently did which I thought he should not have done. I now feel bad that I still snap when all he was trying to do was help. I will not pin it on being a woman and all, I am just disappointed that I almost ruined my valentine. I am tired, maybe all the giving and receiving of love back and forth got to me. but I am glad it did.

For me, what I pick is, its not Valentine the day, it is Valentine the person/ the people.
thank you my Valentine.

No comments: