Monday 20 June 2016

IS IT REALLY COMPLICATED? PERHAPS,MAYBE

I am a teeny bit afraid of penning this one.However, they always say, (they usually know a lot of stuff), step out and just do it. That it is the first step to reaching your dream.My dream among others is to be a storyteller, to make you enjoy and look forward to my stories(fiction or otherwise). So,here it goes.
Working on set was always a dream of mine and I am blessed to be where I am at this point of my life.I have been to only one professional set but am grateful for the chance. Actors wait a long time to get the chance I have(or do they?)
I digress(always loved it when writers use that phrase).
I have always been told that office romance is complicated etc etc,well maybe not told but read.I must admit that when he approached me,it was surreal and cool.Very snipper-ish.
I was leaving since I had wrapped early.He called me very authoritatively, so I turned back. What followed was the start of something magical and full of adrenaline.An experience that would test my acting skills to levels I did not even know I had.
Let's call him,Kim. He is a very talented director,famous even. Meeting him was an honor, it is still is,in more ways than one.Kim,told me I was a great actor.Yeah yeah,I had heard that but none of these people call me when hosting their own projects or say anything helpful after that chorus.
Then.He proceeded and told me the areas I could improve.Sweet,at least he added something, saw something. I know he told that to all the actors but it still felt special and I held my feeling as I took the long route to the matatu stage.It is days like these that I board the most empty matatu because I want to savour special feelings which only make sense to me for as long as I could.And that additional statement was one of those moments. (Which make sense only to me).
And  then he asked for my number so that he could send me some movies I was to watch to help me improve my acting.Sure,why not? I would love that.My career was finally getting off to somewhere.

That night he did keep his word and send me a couple of movie titles.Then he proceeded to ask how may day was?
Fine,I guess.

We got to talking for the next hour,who knew.I was glad we did not get into filters, gels,and those many pixels of a photograph.This was to be our trend henceforth. Act like an actor and a director would (professionally),and chat our hearts out later.
Sometimes, he would be shooting upstairs and I would be somewhere on set and would receive a text message. Most would just be hilarious.
I remember one time, he sent me this really funny meme on wats app about how luhyas thought of Jogoo Road as a road full of cocks and hens and I burst out laughing.He then shouts ,"Silence!!!".The next text was a wink emoji.
Okay,that is another thing that would make sense only to me.
This was to be our back and forth for one season.Don't scowl like that, a season goes by very fast where I work.

So,keep close for exactly how things turn out when we break for the next season...(part two in a few days).
PS: For my friends who think they know what's going on,you don't.

No comments: