Wednesday 1 June 2016

The End(of the beginning)

I remember that he said he did not even care to know where I lived. However, when I texted him to say hi and that we could hang, he laughed and confirmed if I was serious. When that was confirmed, he was at my gate-the black gate- within the hour.I chose to let that lie slide,he apologized.

Pontifah looked up at me and suggested something I never thought would happen.That we go to the chapel to pray.They were rolling down my cheeks before I had a chance to stop them.And so we went and he prayed.It was awkward at first,it sounded like my three year old when he was first taught to pray at school but I knew God was happy.
Let me recap,Pontifah was as far from God as I was fluent in Greek but I fell in love anyway.I know I am not supposed to be unequally yoked and I still believe that peradventure this was one of those Jacob cases where he kept messing up and God still immensely blessed him.
I dont know how to conclude a story spectacularly so I will end it like I was taught by Teacher Naomi in primary school.

It has been a year now,and the ride has been one hell of a ride. Therein,Ihad a massive stroke and I will never know what deal he made with God but a week after I was discharged from hospital, he gave his life to Christ. If our relationship was  a movie and the events were characters, that would be the main character. The walks from my place to Kahawa stage at 5 in the morning and 9.30 in the night,the times we have spent arguing about the context of phrases in Song of Songs are the supporting cast.The kisses we share in random places are guest appearances. And yeah the extras always appear once in a while-Imax etc etc.
The main character always adds flesh to his character-we attend the same Bible study and we have a prayer breakfast every fortnight dedicated to our union.God knows I pray for him everyday while I hold the ring he gave me when he asked that I be his wife!!!!

No comments: