Saturday 26 March 2016

MY EASTER ENCOUNTER...

This is a simple story about a simple girl and her simple Easter. Well, Good Friday if I was to be precise. i just could not wait to share my Good Friday experience.
I spent the whole day catching up on episodes of Undercover boss, you see my recent abode has Zuku installation so I make a point to watch almost every episode of the series and any other thing I wish to know via you tube. Taking advantage of opportunity. I digress(I picked up that line in some article I read, I liked it)

So, later at about 5 o'clock I went to church- ICC Imara Daima for a service. If I am being honest I was going because they said they had a play within the service.
Flash forward, the play was awesome. It was about Jesus of course and it really brought the point of the sacrifice Christ made for us home. Then the pastor stood up and i was like:"Really, you want to preach now?" You see , I have this very limited concentration thresh hold and many times i find difficult to listen for long periods of time and so, I just head the verse he read which I don't recall but it was about Nicodemus.
So, the sermon went by as i planned my next monologue- yeah. I just usually max out like that.
Then all of a sudden, I was back with the pastor as he was ushering us into prayer. He called on those who were not born again or wanted to re-dedicate their life to Christ afresh to go to the alatar, and the pastors and prayer warriours would pray with them.
I decided I was not in that category.

The spirit of God had other special plans for me, By the time the Minister of God reached the  category for people who would just like to come to the Lord and lay their burdens, I was in tears. Like, I could not stop crying. Still, I stuck to my chair and said I would pray for myself, The more I resisted the more I cried. Tears rolled out freely and I could feel  a great weariness just come over me. I kept telling myself that I was so tired and the tears flowed.

Then I checked and my neighbor ha gone to be prayed for. I decided that maybe God was giving me my own courage and so I got up to go to the altar.

The woman greeted me and asked my name. That is as far as I went, I now fully broke down, I could not even tell her what was wrong all I knew is that I was tired and needed help. I cried through the prayer and she resonated with the cry of my heart, that Lord return the joy.  I knew that is exactly what I needed and was glad she was led to pray like that.

I know it doesn't sound possible but as we said Amen, the tears were gone and I felt secure. Just secure. I went to my seat with the feeling you get  after a shower after a long day.
And that is my encounter with the Spirit of God, it is just too good to be kept to myself.
Happy Easter people!

No comments: